harborborn: (default)
harborborn ([personal profile] harborborn) wrote in [community profile] ph_logs2026-08-21 09:09 am

Crows of a Feather

Who: Kaz ([personal profile] harborborn) & the gang! (or anyone who wants to be in the gang)

What:
an official meeting of Kaz’s new gang so that everyone can get to know each other and (hopefully) get on the same page.
When:
Late August
Where:
664 Prague Mills Road, AKA the location formerly known as West Dream Analyics
Warning(s):
crime?


Now that spite has given Kaz the perfect headquarters, it's finally time for him to get the ball rolling on the whole gang thing so that it can be a little more than just 'talk.' A sense of community is important. He wants every member of the Crows (because that's what he's decided -- unilaterally -- to call them) to feel as though they can depend on each other, and that involves knowing who they are.

He informs everyone in person of the time and place, and makes it clear to them that they are welcome to invite whomever they like. Kaz, of course, will get the final say on whether or not they can become a member, but...at this point (with only 5 in their ranks) beggars can't exactly be choosers.

He wouldn't dare call this a party, but the structure of whatever is going on here is certainly a lot less 'meeting' and a lot more 'talk amongst yourselves and feel free to ask any questions you have.'
chainsawguy: (choremaster)

EARLY ON

[personal profile] chainsawguy 2026-08-21 04:16 am (UTC)(link)
Denji wanders in with the usual noise and unsubtlety, giving an appreciative whistle as he looks around the house.

"Sweeeeet place! And they just up and handed it over, huh? Fuckin' crazy."

He'll promptly make himself comfortable, practically collapsing onto a chair.

"So, like, guess the most important question is how much brass do we need to get this shit started? Figure the town'll want a preeeeetty cut for a good spot downtown, and the cost for gettin' all the right shit."

Head tilt.

"Dunno about other requirements, but I wanna say we need to get a place I can keep a good eye on the entrances of. Kinda beats the point if people can get past me easy."
Edited 2026-08-21 04:19 (UTC)
chainsawguy: (kobalt)

[personal profile] chainsawguy 2026-08-21 04:38 pm (UTC)(link)
"So around October, huh."

That's a tight timeline, but if Kaz says so, then sure. He doesn't see a reason to doubt Kaz.

"Will ya need me to play guard on the trial runs?"
chainsawguy: (active)

[personal profile] chainsawguy 2026-08-22 02:11 am (UTC)(link)
"Alright," Denji nods. "That's about me done for questions then."

Head tilt.

"Uh, got anythin' for me, I guess? Particular shit you want me to get done? Anythin' I should know?
chainsawguy: (stihl)

[personal profile] chainsawguy 2026-08-22 03:58 am (UTC)(link)
Talking positively... Yeah, even Denji can do something like that. Just mention that he's part of the Crows whenever he gets wrapped up in something.

Then, Kaz asks his question.

"Could just stay here, couldn't I? Big enough place for both of us."

Denji doesn't actually want a whole house to himself. That sounds awful.
chainsawguy: (choremaster)

[personal profile] chainsawguy 2026-08-22 04:16 am (UTC)(link)
Not to worry, Denji's been trained into being an actually pretty decent roommate by one Hayakwa Ak—that thought is not being followed to completion.

"'s why I asked," he says. "So, good as done. I'll bring what shit I've got over soon."
Edited 2026-08-22 04:16 (UTC)

(no subject)

[personal profile] chainsawguy - 2026-08-23 15:49 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] chainsawguy - 2026-08-24 16:54 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] chainsawguy - 2026-08-25 02:21 (UTC) - Expand
thewisestofthewise: (Default)

EARLY ON

[personal profile] thewisestofthewise 2026-08-23 03:50 am (UTC)(link)
Right on time, Meowth knocks on the door; since his arms are full, he does so with his tail. As promised, he's turned up with gadgets: stacked in his arms are two strange, metal boxes, one chunky, metal controller studded with buttons and levers, and a much smaller box balanced on top of the controller.
Edited (be more in line with what he and Kaz were talking about) 2026-08-23 07:20 (UTC)
thewisestofthewise: (Default)

[personal profile] thewisestofthewise 2026-08-25 12:44 am (UTC)(link)
Meowth does follow, and he nudges the door closed behind him.

"Right here," he says, jostling the stack to draw attention to the smallest box. Inside of it, Kaz will find the lockpicks, as well as other tools that Meowth thought were normatively relevant to lockpicking endeavors, such as screwdrivers and hammers. "I've got more experience making locks than the tools to crack 'em open, so if there's anything you'd want me to add, just let me know. The tech around here also isn't exactly what I'm used to, so I'm still feeling some things out."
thewisestofthewise: (happy)

[personal profile] thewisestofthewise 2026-08-25 05:01 am (UTC)(link)
"I brought the one lock today, just to see if you like the model," Meowth says. He sets the one box down and holds the other up. Both of the boxes are mostly sheer except for where they absolutely needed to have semi-exposed segmented parts, because Meowth <3s welding. The box he holds out has kind of a weird, ridged top, studded with chunky, unlabeled buttons. "It's this thing. The other one is something more experimental I wanted your input on."

Looking at the lock, it becomes eminently obvious why Meowth assumed more heavy duty tools would be useful in lockpicking: Meowth has not actually given a thought to things like maintenance access in his life. From his perspective, it's better to have to break into his own machines with power tools if he has to spruce them up and then fix them than it is to leave things like a maintenance hatch or screws exposed. The only concessions he's made are those that are absolutely necessary for the thing to function at all.

Taking a page out of James's book, and since the town is much lower tech than he's used to, he's forgone some of his usual sensibilities and essentially made the lock into a heavy duty puzzle box.

"The key is pressing the right combination of buttons in the right sequence," Meowth explains. "And I want to add a mechanism that shocks ya every time ya get it wrong, once I get the go ahead on the design. And maybe build pit traps at the doors that it'll activate if ya get it wrong three times, if the house's architecture will support it."
thewisestofthewise: (confident)

[personal profile] thewisestofthewise 2026-08-26 02:21 am (UTC)(link)
Meowth does beam at having his work/hobby appreciated. He knows a puzzle appreciator when he sees one, considering all the time he's spent with James.

"Then I'll get started on making more of them, and I'll add the shocking mechanism to the next model to see how I can best work it in," he says. "How many of them d'ya want? And I assume yer gonna want a safe, too. Any preference on the dimensions of the thing?"

(no subject)

[personal profile] thewisestofthewise - 2026-08-26 09:28 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thewisestofthewise - 2026-08-27 04:05 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thewisestofthewise - 2026-08-28 05:21 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thewisestofthewise - 2026-08-28 10:03 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thewisestofthewise - 2026-08-28 10:28 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thewisestofthewise - 2026-08-28 12:57 (UTC) - Expand
thetombkeeper: (wisy 043)

[personal profile] thetombkeeper 2026-08-25 02:09 am (UTC)(link)
Marik arrives on time, of course. Nyalathotep's old residence — when he was still masquerading as a human. His master. As he walks up the door, the boy pauses as the dark energy of the place surrounds him like a miasma.

Gods, it's intoxicating. Like having the Millennium Rod with him again. He misses it so much... Misses that ancient, evil, gods forsaken magic.

The tomb keeper shudders and does his best to recollect himself, then knocks on the door.
chainsawguy: (danarm)

[personal profile] chainsawguy 2026-08-25 06:02 am (UTC)(link)
[wave from the denji in the background]
thetombkeeper: (033)

[personal profile] thetombkeeper 2026-08-25 01:23 pm (UTC)(link)
He's never normal about dark magic. It's his thing.

"I'm on time." He interjects. "It's exactly as I told you."

Oh, it's Denji! Marik immediately perks up in body language and waves back. And as soon as he focuses back on Kaz, he switches back to being more business oriented.

"I'm assuming most of the gang members will live here with you?"
thetombkeeper: (wisy 008)

[personal profile] thetombkeeper 2026-08-25 02:10 pm (UTC)(link)
It's just because they're motorcycle bros, okay? Nothing more. He's had no one to really geek out over his bike with!

But Marik scoffs at Kaz's comment. He was on time. That's what matters.

"Mn. That's rather handy. A pity I never had such luck when I first arrived..." He lets out a dramatic sigh. "Of course... this house wasn't available at the time..."

He's just being dramatic.
thetombkeeper: (013)

[personal profile] thetombkeeper 2026-08-25 02:28 pm (UTC)(link)
"I'm not. I'm very happy in my own home."

Marik rests one hand against his hip. "If I moved in here, it might tip my hat. It's better I remain in a separate home. Besides, it's better this way."

He doesn't need to deal with the people he cares about leaving and can shut out the world if need be.
Edited 2026-08-25 14:29 (UTC)

(no subject)

[personal profile] thetombkeeper - 2026-08-25 14:50 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thetombkeeper - 2026-08-25 15:10 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thetombkeeper - 2026-08-26 15:45 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thetombkeeper - 2026-08-27 15:22 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thetombkeeper - 2026-08-28 02:23 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thetombkeeper - 2026-08-28 04:20 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] chainsawguy - 2026-08-28 04:41 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thetombkeeper - 2026-08-28 05:15 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thetombkeeper - 2026-08-28 13:24 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thetombkeeper - 2026-08-28 13:55 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thetombkeeper - 2026-08-28 14:24 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thewisestofthewise - 2026-08-28 14:45 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thetombkeeper - 2026-08-28 15:01 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thewisestofthewise - 2026-08-28 15:12 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thetombkeeper - 2026-08-28 15:29 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thewisestofthewise - 2026-08-28 15:57 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thetombkeeper - 2026-08-28 22:40 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] chainsawguy - 2026-08-28 22:45 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thewisestofthewise - 2026-08-29 02:43 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thetombkeeper - 2026-08-29 03:31 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thewisestofthewise - 2026-08-29 03:53 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] chainsawguy - 2026-08-29 03:58 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] thetombkeeper - 2026-08-29 04:13 (UTC) - Expand